Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pizza, Wine, and a Movie Make for an Interesting Recharging Weekend

I'm not sure who found last night more interesting, my husband or my friends on Facebook.

One way I recharge my brain is to stop using it.  It is just like any muscle and gets tired and needs to rest once in a while, something my 11th grade English teacher agreed with me on once.  So Friday night, I watched my beloved CSI: NY on Netflix and just relaxed my brain.

Relationships are tricky things.  When I realized how my Saturday was going to go, I left my computer and retreated to my bedroom and TV again.  Watched a movie on Netflix, which did not live up to my expectations.  I was expecting Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters to be - better.  I don't know, it just felt like a caricature and didn't have any real depth.  But that's just my opinion.  And I really had a problem with how the women were treated.  Maybe appropriate for the apparent time period, but man it really made me angry!

And when things in the other end of the house hadn't improved, I went on a quick shopping trip and picked up a pizza and a Chris Pine movie (This Means Warwhich was okay, again not as good as I was expecting, but it wasn't as big of a let down as the other movie) and bottle of wine.  And once again retreated into my bedroom.

I don't drink often, and have only been drunk a hand full of times in my life.  Which since I didn't start drinking at all until I was 30, I'm not sure if that's impressive or not.  But I deliberately got drunk, knowing that it would lower my inhibitions enough to say and do things that would get my husband's attention.  Thinking my flipping the main power breaker to our house kind of did the trick.

Of course, the entire time I was drinking I was on Facebook making silly statuses and leaving hilarious comments on other's statuses.  It is probably the best time I've ever had while drinking!

Thankfully I didn't have a bad hangover this morning.  My head felt a little fuzzy for a while but it didn't really hurt.  I never threw up, though I felt like passing out about 2:30/3 in the morning.  Which was a little odd, but it passed.

I've also felt really tired today, and I think I napped from about 10:30 to noon.  And when I woke up from that nap, I don't know - I just felt better mentally.  I finished the new scenes that I tried starting yesterday.

While it wasn't something I had planned on doing, it did work.  I don't know that it's something I would recommend for others, or even try again!  Sometimes doing something out of the ordinary is just what a person needs, but that's going to be something different for each person.

Back to working on my story!





2014 ~ Full Speed Ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment