Saturday, December 21, 2013

Why I Love Google+

One of the reasons why I love Google+ is that in my opinion it is far cleaner is appearance than Facebook. It's more to the point with it's news feed and to be honest, I've found less "drama".

I read a great article today, shared by +Sociallogical.  I'm trying to put myself out there, trying to sell my novel and in a sense create a community of people who like to read in general, and maybe even those who like to write like me.  I'll be honest, a lot of the time I feel like I've jumped in over my head just to see if I could swim and fins myself holding onto a tree limb while the waves crash over me!

Since one of the ways I'm trying to do this is obviously through this blog, I'm constantly trying to rate myself to see how I'm doing and this article about blogger mistakes really struck home because I know I'm guilty of a lot of them.  I used to blog a lot, on a different site, but it was mainly just an online diary.  And this blog is meant to be something different.

And I am determined to succeed in this venture.

Because I plan on publishing more novels.  I plan on being something more than what others have told me I could be.  So I plan on learning whatever I can so that I can write better posts, write better books, and be a better friend to those of you out there who need one.  I'll be honest enough to say I'm counting on your guys' patience while I figure this stuff out.  Because like my blog says below the title, this blog is all about my venturing into self publishing.  So mistakes are going to happen, they're to be expected in any venture.  But I will always do my best to fix that mistake once I realize it.

If any of you out there reading have any comments, don't ever be afraid to leave them!  I need your feedback to know if I'm on the right track or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment