Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Already Christmas!

While I was perusing Facebook not that long ago, I read a status from a friend who lives in New Zealand and I was struck with the warm fuzzies as I realized something: it's already Christmas in certain parts of the world!  Time differences are something I seldom think of, but with friends across the world, it does occur to me once in a while.

I can't really tell you why exactly it cheers me to know that it's already Christmas in places. but it does.  I've heard so many people comment recently that it just doesn't feel like Christmas to them, or they're just not in the Christmas spirit, etc.  I'm not sure what's up with that, but it's more than just one person.

Some people go through a depression this time of year, whether it is from missing lost loved ones or just the general hectic pace of the season.  My work ran the cow line extremely fast today in an effort to get us out early...nice, but hectic.  We did have almost a foot of snow last week, and we were all happy to see it because it meant we were going to have a white Christmas (We live in PA, USA).  BUT can you believe - temperatures last weekend were a record high for out area at 64 degrees Fahrenheit and it ALL melted!  So some of us, even myself who hates the snow, is feeling bummed because of that.  Although I must say that it is trying very hard to snow at the moment.

I know that it's a tight time for us financially right now, and that brings it's own slump.  The holidays are supposed to be a time for family and friends, but when you have nothing to give...it makes you feel sad.  As though our presence is somehow not enough.  We all know some people that will tell us otherwise and it can be hard to remember that it's not true.  Our presence at the dinner table tomorrow (or today) is what really matters.

Of course, not everyone has someone to celebrate the day with.  I hope they can find at least one person, one moment, to pause and just be happy with and be appreciative of each other.  I would miss my hubby if he weren't here to drive me crazy with his Halo Wars...it's become such a constant in my life.  I'll still complain, but deep down I know the truth.  (It would still be appreciated if he could be a little quieter...)  Maybe I'll get on later and play a game or two with him...so long as we're playing with Rabbitman!

Whether you are already celebrating Christmas, or getting ready to...make sure to give your loved ones a hug.  Or go out on a limb and hug a stranger - it might be the only Christmas present they get.

I need a sign off slogan...something catchy, cool and me.  Until I figure out what it should be: have a great day and a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment