Sunday, February 9, 2014

How Serious is too Serious?

So, this author needs an "official" author's photo of herself.

Hmmm.

How does one decide how to present themselves officially?  I want to be taken seriously, and as much as I like selfies - I'm not sure that's the image I want to project at the moment.  Although, there is a lot of "do-it-yourself" to self publishing.  Friends advise to get a professional pic done.  Well, I can't afford that - but I can fake it.
BEST selfie EVER!

So tomorrow I'll be traveling to a local library to have a "friend of a friend" take some pictures.  I don't even know her, except through his Facebook posts, so I'm taking a leap of faith here.  But the only thing he's ever steered me wrong it has been "Flappy Bird", but let's not go there shall we???

This is another case where I have to climb out of my comfort zone and meet someone new.  I can handle this!  Once again, it'll be in a library, so it's not that much out of the comfort zone.  And of course, I'll post pics, as well as whichever one I end up choosing.

Besides, isn't that one of Facebook's purposes?  To network and make new contacts and friends?  (Facebook, you might want to pay attention to this blog post - just saying')  So far, so good.

As for writing, I was bitten by the creative bug this week at work.  A simple conversation with coworkers in the cafeteria early one morning steered one portion of my book onto the right path.  What I had just wasn't working.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good.  I mean, I didn't even want to write it!  It was "meh", at best.  I filled up a lot of blank paper at work during slow moments, because all the loose ends the other path had created were suddenly coming together and all the dots were being connected.

And of course, as always, it also brought up new questions.  Like "Why did that character do that?"  Hmmmmm...I don't know yet, but I'm going to find out!

I'll have to get that one coworker's name so that I can give him a shout out in the acknowledgements when I finally get all this whirlwind in my head written down.




2014 ~ Turning One Page After Another

No comments:

Post a Comment