Saturday, November 30, 2013

Being Heard

I've been looking into ACX this past week, with the intentions of making Farmer's Daughter available as an audio book.  It's another branch of Amazon somehow.  My profile on their site went up on Wednesday, and I've already had a narrator audition for it.

And it makes me a little nervous actually.  I've read her profile, I even googled her and she's a real actress.  Why this intimidates me, I'm not entirely sure.  I want to message her and ask her why she chose me and my book.

It's like, it's too good to be true and I'm afraid to contact her and get the ball rolling.  I have no idea how long the process would take, ACX estimates the book would be 20+ hours.  That's a lot of talking!

I didn't even have this much fear when it came to publishing direct to Kindle.  I mean yeah, there was some fear, but nothing like the trepidation I feel right now as I just think about making an audio book!

I shouldn't wait too long, as she might pick up another project or change her mind.  She's been trained at Julliard for crying out loud!  She was on TV back in the 80's.

No doubt I will be pacing the floor back and forth for the rest of the day.  Odds are I will press the buttons I need to and get the ball rolling...but it's going to take a good bit of encouraging myself.

Why not?  I mean, it's a good story and it ought to be made available to as many people as possible.  And don't I deserve to work with someone professionally trained? And yet, I quake in my boots.

It's going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment