Monday, May 28, 2018

Too Much Fun?

Well, Saturday was a fun day and I paid for it on Sunday. That's one theory anyway. The achy pain and sluggishness I felt today could also be due to the gray rainy day it was. 

Saturday was my family's annual Memorial Day picnic. This is on my mother's side, though it often includes relatives from my dad's side as well. We either have it at RoundTop park, or the Waverly Glen Park. Each park has pros and cons. In more recent years we've held it at the Glen more often. I think there are more memories there for some of the older family members such as my mom and her sister.

How much is that doggy in the...mirror?
So Mr Janney and I were up earlier than our norm. Even off work we tend to stick to our second shift schedule. It can cause trouble sometimes, but since I plan on returning to work I see no point in altering my life any more than I need to.

We even took the dog along. Jaclyn was due for an outing anyway. It was a bright sunny day, and very warm.

Waverly Glen Falls
We reserved the pavilion closest to the falls, but there is still a decent distance to walk. Not quite a quarter mile one way. I walked up there twice, a few of the kids were back and forth all day. To be young again! Or a dog...because even Jaclyn got her paws wet!

We've had recent rain and the falls were flowing! I remember more than one year the falls were dry. Because of the nice weather, there were quite a few people out and about. I remember once or twice we've had the park to ourselves...like the one year back when I was in high school and it poured the entire time we were there. Being young and dumb, we played in the rain anyway. And then, I paid for my fun then too because that was the night I woke up in excruciating pain...was taken to the doctor's later the next day and learned I had a severe inner ear infection that had bubbles on my ear drum. That was not fun and actually was just the first of many,

But back to the present. The food was good. I had some things I shouldn't have, though I tried to keep my portions small. There is never a good time to start modifying your lifestyle and diet, but when there's any kind of family gathering with good food, it feels twice as hard. But then, any time is a good time to start down a healthier path. No time like the present and just do it and all that. I think my favorite cheat of the day was the S'more I had. Yes, just one...because I had already been "bad" with the banana bread and the sea foam salad. A little of something doesn't hurt, but a bunch of little somethings always add up!

My blood sugar was good when I got out of bed shortly after noon on Sunday. I was really happy with the number, I think it was 146. Down over 50 points what it used to be running. I think it's also worth noting that my blood sugar before bed was 107. So, YAY!!

But that was about the only thing that was good. My body was achy. I was tired, didn't want to get out of bed, much less move. It didn't get better as the day went on. We did go out to Mr. Janney's parents. Didn't do much because it was raining. Just hanging out is always good. I haven't taken my night time sugar yet, but will shortly as I am heading to bed once this post is up. Not even the A-Team can keep my eyes open!

I hope everyone who is celebrating Memorial Day has a safe day. Looking forward to staying home myself...well, as of right now anyway! We do tend to do things spontaneously sometimes, but more about that in another post.

Peace and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment