Friday, February 9, 2018

About That Pic

So, I'm trying to get back into blogging and I've begun posting the  "Wordless Wednesday" posts again. I thought I'd give you the story behind the picture. Lind of defeats the purpose of 'wordless' ...but I don't care! Imma gonna be a rebel!
 
Here it is again, so you don't have to go back and look.
 
It is, obviously, a pie. A cherry pie to be precise.
 
I think it was last weekend, I was making dinner when Mr. Janney comes out to rummage for snacks. He notices the cherry pie filling in the pantry and asks if we had all the making for a pie.
 
Welllllllll....the pie crust that I had into the fridge is really really old and needs to be thrown out. I told him I'd have to go out and buy new crust because I didn't want to bother with trying to experiment with gluten free crust recipes. Especially since I was having trouble with my gluten free  macaroni and cheese in the oven. He said it was no big deal, he'd just seen the pie filling and thought a pie sounded good.
 
Man, no pressure there! I hemmed and hawed about it for the rest of dinner preparations. Last weekend the depression was pretty rough. I didn't want to do anything. But, I like cooking for my husband. So after the mac and cheese was done and I'd eaten some, to took myself out to the nearby Tops and bought a pre-made pie crust. I may or may not have bought other things I shouldn't have that fall into the category of 'chocolate' and 'not good for me'.
 
So, goodies bought, I came home and put the pie together. I even put a romantic heart design in the top crust. Ironically, the picture I took to share with the Facebook cooking group I belong to, is the only time Mr. Janney saw the heart! I never had him look at it before I cut into it!
 
At any rate, he enjoyed the pie.
 
I hope you've enjoyed my silly little story. Until next time, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment