Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Robin's Trying to Write

 

This picture wasn't taken today,
but ironically I'm wearing the same shirt

Forever trying to write.

Sometime I actually do get something written.

I count writing blog posts as writing.

I count scribbling scene starts for my WIP (work in progress) as writing.

I'm at the point where I count staring at the screen for an hour and then changing a sentence from yesterday as writing.

Things are awkward at the moment because I'm sharing my laptop with my husband. He's been using it for gaming so it's in the game room at his desk and when I want to use it, I don't want to be bothered with moving it back to my desk. And his desk chair is decidedly uncomfortable.

It's an old chair, something we got at a thrift store years ago. It swivels, and rocks. There's something off in the rocker, and it clicks just like my bad knee does...almost as loud as my knee too.

I'm so close to finishing the third book in my series, but it's been like pulling teeth. Not just to find my laptop free, but to get the words out of my head and onto the screen. Which is why I've resorted to writing in a notebook when Mr. Janney is playing a game. It helps jostle things when I got o transcribe later.

He tells me that all I ever have to do is let him know when I want the laptop and he'll let me have it. I've tried explaining that sometimes I just can't focus long enough to write. Not sure what the problem is exactly.

But I have been inching closer and closer to the end. I'm a little worried, because it's not going to end with a traditional Happily Ever After ending. Something I'm told Romances are required to have. I've never considered the series strictly Romance, so I'm not sure if the ending would be forgivable.

Although I'm not sure who would be in charge for that forgiveness; I don't know who decides these things. Things will end on a happy note in the romance romance department for the main characters, but not necessarily for some of the side characters. And it's a series, so there has to be a hook for the next book.

I'm probably worrying about nothing.

I hope I'm worrying about nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment