Thursday, January 31, 2019

Think Warm Thoughts

So I imagine I'm not the only one feeling the cold right now. I mean, it was -4F when I pulled myself out of bed this morning, after being in the cold for a few hours yesterday trying to thaw frozen pipes. Brrrrrr.....

So rather than dwell on the chill, let's ponder some warmer thoughts.

Like meatloaf. Fresh from my oven.

I didn't do too bad, even though I didn't have any sausage to mix with my ground beef. There were some fried onions in the pantry, so after I put a small fresh onion in it, I also dumped some if the fried...and saved a few for on top. Extra sharp cheddar cheese sliced up and 'stuffed' in the middle, to compliment the cheddar cheese goldfish I crushed up and used since I didn't have saltines. A little barbecue sauce on top and into the oven.

And was it ever good! I may have rushed my first piece a little, since it didn't hold form until I got it on my plate...but mmmmmmmmmmmmm......it didn't matter.

Since I've been struggling with my blood sugar recently (someone keeps forgetting to take her medicine), I didn't make mashed potatoes to go along with it. Or stuffing. Mr. Janney liked his stuffing. I just mixed a couple cans of veggies together and called it good.

Time will tell the damage done from the barbecue sauce. I really shouldn't have anything like that, even ketchup with my fries will wreak havoc on my blood sugar. But I hope I spread it thin enough to dilute it enough.

I just noticed my feet at the bottom of the picture. I don't know why, but that strikes me as funny. I've been in and out of the house so often that I've been leaving my shoes on. Usually I just wear flip flops around the house and slip my big winter boots on to walk the silly doggy.

Okay, back to warm thoughts.

How about a trip down memory lane to one of my beach visits?

Why not?

I love the beach and the ocean. One of my lofty dreams in life is to someday live ocean side. Mr. Janney thinks it's  not a wise choice, because of hurricanes. But since it's just a dream, I can have whatever I want without consequence, right? Something was said one day up to his parents and as silly as I am, I said I was going to raise magical force fields around my beach dwelling and everything would be alright. It was very amusing.

Something about the ocean, and sitting on the beach - or even just looking out of the motel room such as the picture featured - is enough to erase my anxiety. Except for the beach trip that we had the car accident on, but even then - laying back on the beach and looking at the stars while the ocean waves crashed was still enough to unwind the events of the day. But that was a different beach trip. The one the picture comes from is the time Mr. Janney and I took a jaunt down to the southern part of North Carolina for a rust-free gas tank for our car. A brand new one from the dealership would have cost a smooth $900 and we spent about half that to run down for this one. I suppose I could have chosen the tank in the center of the state that was similar in price (but they didn't have pictures and it was still on the car) but I felt that if I was going south for a gas tank, I was going to do it near enough to sleep by the ocean.

Of course, not only do I keep trying to take pictures while riding in a moving vehicle, but I also keep trying to take pictures of the moon on my cellphone. (You'd think Apple and Samsung would do something about that.) But this picture I grabbed that night isn't too bad. The focus really isn't even the moon, but rather the moonlight on the water.

I'll wrap this up now. I don't know if I really feel any warmer, but I feel more optimistic than what I had. Although, that may be the meatloaf talking...

Have a good night/day, and where ever you are, stay safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment