Friday, May 16, 2014

Week's End

My brain is blank.

I can't even come up with a decent working title for this post.

This happens occasionally.

Well, to be honest.  I'm not sure if it's that my mind is actually going blank, or if there is an overload of ideas and my brain just can't process them into words yet.

That happens occasionally too.

Spiders belong outdoors!
One thing I plan on doing some time soon, maybe tonight or tomorrow, is attempt to write a short story involving spiders.  This came about from last nights conversation about the spider that built its web in my doorway.  Now, spiders and I have an agreement...they stay out of my territory and out of my reach and they can live, they wander too close and they will die.

The spider in the doorway was on the border of this agreement.  He was close to being in my territory and he was definitely within my reach.  And it was raining, so I could understand his location.  But I have to walk through that area, and I don't like the thought of him accidentally falling on my head as I walk under.

So, I compromised.

I got the broom and pushed him out into the rain.  Just in case he survived the wet fall, I told him that if he came back I would finish the job.  I had to stress that to him because the last time I tossed a spider out onto the steps, he came back and rebuilt his web in the doorway.

Crazy talking to a spider, I know.  What is even crazier was voicing to my husband that they band together and share locations with each other in an attempt to irritate me.  But it did spark a cute little story idea.  I'll post it once it's written.  If it's halfway decent.  I tend to struggle with short stories.

I did get some writing done this week.  Not quite as much as I had hoped, but since my husband stayed home this week as well there was a lot of distractions.  A lot of gaming.  A lot of Netflix marathons - CSI NY, House.  Our finances will suck, but I can't argue the quality time was nice.

My favorite spring flower!
Two more days and I am back to work.  I'm not looking forward to it because my foot still hurts.  I should have called the doctor's office and let him know, but I can't afford anymore time off.  I'll wait and see how Monday goes and see how bad the pain gets.  Maybe it won't get too bad.  Hey, a girl can hope!

Hope all of you have a great weekend!  Anybody got anything exciting planned?  It's still very wet here in my corner of Pennsylvania, but the lilacs are blooming and smell heavenly!




2014 ~ Is almost halfway over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment