Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Arctic Vortex's Effect On My Day Today

Obviously, it's cold.

Really cold.  The temp here in Pennsylvania was at most -4F this morning when I got up.  It's now something like +4 now.  I saw from a friend who lives in the southern state of Georgia that they had a morning temp of 4.  I didn't pay much attention what they were talking about this arctic vortex that was supposed to bring a cold snap.  I'm still not impressed with it.  Although it does remind me of The Day After Tomorrow...which I'd really like to watch again.  Maybe once it warms up.

We haven't been able to keep the temp inside very warm in our home either.  So even in sneakers my toes are still cold.

Of course, I've been in and out today.  For the first time in the 5 years we've been living here our water pipes froze.  Maybe - there's still the possibility that it's something in the mainline that's frozen because My. Janney and I have been working on it all day.  Mostly Mr. Janney, I've just been needed for transportation and other help.  We've bought new heat tape and now have that applied and insulated.  We're hoping that does the trick.

It's been a rough day because of that.  No showers.  Can't flush the toilet.

Little things like running water and indoor plumbing we take for granted and don't notice until it's no longer available.  Like it? Tweet it!

At least we did have water in the refrigerator to drink so it hasn't been too bad where that is concerned (makes for cold hand washing).  Not sure what we'll do once nature becomes more insistent about bodily functions.

I've been able to do some editing on my story today.  And I might have some ideas for knitting the middle together.  For now, I'm going to sign off and eat my soup and try not to shiver.

Much.






2014 ~ Full Speed Ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment